Advance Reservation Service (ARS)
The Advance Reservation Service (ARS) capability is available on all HPC systems
within the HPCMP.
- ARS allows a user to reserve a block of time for their use on any system for which a user has an account.
- A reservation can be made up to 25 minutes in advance of the requested time slot for up to 8 wall-clock hours of usage.
- A reservation can be made up to 24 hours in advance of the requested time slot for more than 8 wall-clock hours of usage.
- A reservation can be made up to 3 months in advance for a block of up to 168 wall-clock hours.
- A single user can reserve up to 50% of ARS resources available on a system.
- Typically, 25% of a system is available for ARS
- Multiple jobs can be run within one reservation.
- At the time of the reservation request, the user enters a valid project that has an allocation sufficient to address the reservation. However, when the user runs jobs during the ARS time period, the user may submit jobs with different projects.
- The allocations for the projects that were used for each job will be charged — NOT the Project used during the ARS reservation request process.
- Any unused time will be charged to the project indicated during the reservation request.
- Multiple users are allowed to run within a reservation by reservation initiator at reservation request.
- A single user can only have one reservation active at any time on a specific system.
An ARS User Guide is available on the User Dashboard.
Go to the Advance Reservation System.