Advance Reservation Service (ARS)
The Advance Reservation Service (ARS) capability is available on all HPC systems
within the HPCMP.
- ARS allows a user to reserve a block of time for their use on any system for which a user has an account.
- A single reservation cannot be more than 168 hours in length.
- Reservations must be made at least 96 hours in advance.
- Reservations can be made up to 3 months in advance.
- A single user can have up to four reservations active at any time on a specific system
- A single user can reserve up to 50% of ARS resources available on a system.
- Typically, 10%-15%% of a system is available for ARS
- Multiple jobs can be run within one reservation.
- At the time of the reservation request, the user enters a valid project that has an allocation sufficient to address the reservation. However, when the user runs jobs during the ARS time period, the user may submit jobs with different projects.
- The allocations for the projects that were used for each job will be charged — NOT the Project used during the ARS reservation request process.
- Any unused time will be charged to the project indicated during the reservation request.
- Multiple users are allowed to run within a reservation by reservation initiator at reservation request.
For additional information, please see the ARS User Guide.
Go to the Advance Reservation System.